Beetroot-Millet with Kale and Carrots
Recipe by Pati
Ingredients in Benoo bag:
Millet, Vegetable stock, Onion, Red Beetroot, Kale, Carrots
Ingredients at home:
2 Tbsp Oil, Salt, Pepper
Optional : Walnuts
Total cooking time (incl. resting time): approx. 35min
Step #1 Millet- ½ onion-beetroot
- Wash the millet in a bowl and strain it in strainer and cut half of the onion and the beetroot in little cubes
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pot and add the onion cubes and the beetroot cubes, Sauté for three minutes and add the millet – stir and fry for a minute
- Mix vegetable Stock with 500ml cold water and pour into the mix, stir and put on a lid and bring it to boil. As soon as it’s boiling, reduce it to lower heat and simmer for ten minutes.
Step #2 Carrots- ½ Onion- Kale
- While the millet is cooking, peel and cut the carrots in half and then in sticks, cut the onion in half and slice it. Remove the kale leaves from the thicker stalk and cut them roughly.
- Heat one Tbsp. Oil in a pan and add the onion and carrot sticks – fry for about 3 minutes.
- Bring 500ml of water to the boil (pot or kettle). Put the kale in a pot with the boiling water and blanche it for two minutes. Strain and add to the carrots, sauté for around 8 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
Step #3 Millet
Stir the millet when it’s ready and add salt and pepper to taste.
Dress up the plates and enjoy!