Kohlrabi & apple with sage served with polenta & roasted oyster mushrooms chips
Recipe by Nicole Hofen
Ingredients in Benoo bag:
Melting kohlrabi, Boskoop apple, Red onions, Sage leaves, Polenta, Mushrooms, vegetable stock, dried chillies
Ingredients at home:
Sugar or whole cane sugar, vegetable oil, salt & pepper, 10 g margarine (or a dash of oil)
Optional : Nutmeg (grated)
Total cooking time (incl. resting time): approx. 40min
What’s needed in the kitchen: 1 pan, 1 saucepan, kitchen paper, 1 knife
Kohlrabi, Onion, Apple, Mushroom, Sage
- Peel and dice the kohlrabi and cut the onion and the mushrooms into fine strips.
- Wash and core the apple and cut into fine wedges.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the sage until crispy. When the leaves are crispy (2min), remove from the pan and place on a piece of kitchen paper.
Polenta and vegetable stock
- Dilute the stock with 400 ml of water. Bring to the boil in a saucepan, lower the temperature and slowly drizzle in the polenta, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes.
Onion, Kohlrabi, Apple
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in the pan, add the chilli (optional) and ½tsp sugar, fry, then reduce the heat, add the onion and kohlrabi to the pan and fry for about 10 minutes, then add the apples and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mushroom and Polenta
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a small pan, fry the mushrooms until crispy.
- Stir 1tbsp of margarine into the polenta. Serve it with the mushrooms and add the sage on top of the vegetables.
Dress up the plates and enjoy!