Kale with oat milk puree and applesauce
Recipe by Nicole Hofen
Ingredients in Benoo bag:
Kale, Walnuts, Apple juice, potatoes, oat milk, boskoop apples, onions.
Ingredients at home:
Salt, sugar, 1,5 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
Optional: 1 tsp. dried chili, 30g margarine, 2 bay leaves, nutmeg (freshly grated).
Total cooking time (incl. resting time): approx. 30min
What’s needed in the kitchen: mandolin
Potatoes, onions, apples, apple juice
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salty water for about 20 minutes.
- Wash, core and dice the apples, peel and also dice the onions. Put both ingredients and the bay leaves (optional) in a small pan or saucepan and cook at a low temperature to a very soft compote, lasting approx . 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, sugar and a little bit of apple juice.
Kale, apple juice, walnuts
- Wash and chop the kale, the finer stalks can be fried
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the sugar and chilli (optional), fry lightly for 5 min, add the kale and fry, then reduce the heat.
- Gradually add 250ml of apple juice to the kale and cook for about 20 minutes, season with salt, grated nutmeg (optional) and walnuts.
- Remove the compote from the pan/pot, remove the bay leaf and season if necessary.
- Drain the potatoes, heat the oat milk with the margarine (optional) in a saucepan at a low temperature, add salt and nutmeg (optional) to the milk mixture.
- Then add the potatoes and mash with a masher or pass the potatoes through the “Food Mill”.
Dress up the plates and enjoy!