Turnip Schnitzel & warm potato salad
Recipe by Nicole Hofen
Ingredients in Benoo bag:
Turnip, potatoes, breadcrumbs, egg, potatoes, onions, leek, vegetable stock
Ingredients at home:
Oil, salt & pepper, mustard, apple cider vinegar
Optional : Paprika powder
Total cooking time (incl. resting time): approx. 35min
Allergy: Egg, Gluten
Step #1: ¾ of the Potatoes, turnip, onion and leek
- Scrub ¾ of the potatoes, boil for around 12 minutes. They have to be firm.
- Peel and boil the turnip slices for about 10 minutes in boiling water (in a separate pot) until firm to the bite.
- Finely dice the onion, clean the leek and cut into thin rings
Step #2: The rest of potatoes, Egg, Breadcrumbs, Cooked turnip slices
- Peel and grate the potatoes finely and salt.
- Squeeze the water out of the potatoes and then mix with the egg, breadcrumbs and paprika (optional).
- Take the turnip slices out of the water, salt them and coat them with the potato mixture, it must be pressed on a little.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook at (low temperature) the turnip schnitzel on both sides, about 5 minutes until golden brown.
Step #3: Onion, leek, Cooked potatoes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a small saucepan and fry the onions and the leek for 2 min.
- Drain, peel and cut cooked potatoes into thin slices and add them to the onions/leek, sauté briefly, deglaze 250ml water mixed with the vegetable stock and simmer in the closed pot for 10 minutes.
- In a pot, mIx 1 tsp of mustard, 2,5 tsp of oil, 1 tsp of apple vinegar, salt and pepper with the cooked potatoes/onions/leek.
Dress up the plates and enjoy!